Most of what people know of The March on Washington comes from what they see before them – in the form of pictures and video/film. But historic events like this don’t just happen! Our panel of distinguished historians gives us some insight as to some of the behind-the-scenes planning and other logistical nuances that helped to make sure that August 28th, 1963 would be a success!
1. The Logistics Behind The March on Washington
2. Why March (as opposed to other proven means – such as boycotts and legislation) and Why in DC??
3. 250,000 people: What Did the Numbers Mean??
4. The Youth Movement within the Civil Rights Movement
5. Don’t Limit The Rev. King to only one part of one speech…